Can you help us boil BlogHer down to a single, catchphrase? One that will help remind us why we come here -- and answers the question "so what?" for people new to the site or the conference? I think BlogHer needs a tagline. Quick-like. One as good as these:
- The X-Files: The truth is out there
- Burger King: Have it your way
- Global Voices Online: The world is talking. Are you listening?
- Three Kid Circus: Bananas is our business
Here's the opportunity: When we relaunch the new BlogHer Web site in a few short weeks, I'd like to put a single sentence at the top of the homepage that delivers all the promise of the mission, vision and positioning statements we refined in October based on your survey feedback.
But instead of paragraphs, this phrase should be just a handful of words or even a sentence. Plenty of blogs have taglines (hat-tip: Toby Bloomberg). Some of them, like Global Voices, are good. But others strike me as too wordy or too limited. I want BlogHer to have a tagline that combines inspiration with a dig in the ribs.
So here's a starter list. Which do you like? Hate? Please add your own in the comments below (number them!) and/or vote on them all:
- BlogHer: By, for and about women who blog
- BlogHer: Where the women bloggers are
- BlogHer: Please pass the megaphone
- BlogHer: Be seen. Be heard.
Spoils to the winner: Everlasting gratitude and permanent credit on the Web site. Let 'er rip...