It's been a crazy month since we all started blogging this idea. I never anticipated how many terrific people would want to get this thing off the ground. Thanks for the encouragement--now here comes the work, individually and together.
Here's the game plan to get you here, written in the royal "we" to reflect the great input of BlogHer's advisors and many friends. I recommend you get your plans made so you can get to the good stuff, such as "How to be naked," "BlogHer Debate" and "Do-ocracy"...
- Start here: Announcement (see immediately below)
- Conference schedule
- Logistics (Hotels, airports, etc.)
- Volunteers (Scholarships!)
Announcement: BlogHer Conference '05 to be held July 30, 2005, TechMart Meeting Center, Santa Clara, CA
Where are the women bloggers? We're right here. . . www.blogher.org
This flagship event is open to all bloggers—including men and beginners—interested in enhancing their online exposure, learning the latest best practices in blogging, networking with other bloggers, and specifically cultivating the female blogging community.
BlogHer Conference '05 will provide an open, inclusive forum to:
1. Discuss the role of women within the larger blog community
2. Examine the developing (and debatable) code of blogging ethics
3. Discover how blogging is shrinking the world and amplifying the voices of women worldwide
In addition, educational tracks will be available focusing on...more available after this link:
1. Best technology practices, newbie to advanced: how to use technology and tools to achieve text, photo, audio and video blogging goals
2. Best industry-specific practices: Why are journalists, marketers, lawyers, academics, technologists and many more blogging? And how do you find the ones you're interested in?
3. The rights and the responsibilities of the blogger
BlogHer Conference '05 will be the first of its kind, an opportunity for the female blogging community to meet in person. It will set the agenda for future BlogHer networking and enhance women's influence in the blog community.
The event will include onsite mixers and informal meet-ups for attendees seeking to network in their areas of interest. BlogHer will even set aside a "Room of Your Own" to enable attendees to form impromptu sessions. A pre-event mixer will be held in close proximity to the conference site the evening before. Also, BlogHer will designate space for vendor demonstrations, where bloggers can explore which solutions work best for their needs.
For more information on BlogHer Conference '05, including lodging options and registration information, visit BlogHer online: www.blogher.org